Can Buhari rescue the Chibok girls? By Emeka Thomas


14 Apr 2016

Can Buhari rescue the Chibok girls? By Emeka Thomas

Views

The conscience of this great nation will be put to test, as every citizen no matter how absent minded will have to say a short prayer for the abducted Chibok girls.

The Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok, northeast Nigeria, where Boko Haram kidnapped 276 teenagers in the dead of night nearly two years ago (Getty)
The Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok, northeast Nigeria, where Boko Haram kidnapped 276 teenagers in the dead of night nearly two years ago (Getty)

The Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok, northeast Nigeria, where Boko Haram kidnapped 276 teenagers in the dead of night nearly two years ago (Getty)

It’s been two years since of the Abduction of the girls, when the smiles of Mother’s, Fathers, Cousins, Aunts and Uncles turned into a stare of askance with no one to deliver the answer of where the poor innocent girls disappeared to as no trace till date has been established with relevant authorities.

Although reports by the Information minister (Lai Mohammed) and Present Administration on how the war has been won kept coming with the terrorist group (Boko-Haram) leveled to surrender but no word yet on how these girls can be saved.

READ ALSO: Nigeria’s future is bright, says Buhari

Last year, following a Sequence in April and May 2015, the Nigerian Army successfully recued 434 girls and women from the terrorist group with 200 in April and 234 in may, who were actually not the Chibok girls, revealing the high level of volatility in the security of (Female) lives in the northern Region of Nigeria; as it gave room to ponder on the number of women that must have fallen prey to the vile and nefarious acts of the insurgents group.

According to a latest report by the Human Rights Watch, between 2009 and 2015, Boko Haram’s attacks had destroyed more than 910 schools and forced at least 1,500 more to close, with at least 611 teachers deliberately killed and another 19,000 forced to flee.

“The group has abducted more than 2,000 civilians, many of them women and girls, including large groups of students. In a related development, the United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) has alerted that the number of children involved in ‘suicide’ attacks in Nigeria, Cameroun, Chad and Niger has risen sharply over the past year, from four in 2014 to 44 in 2015.” Human Rights Watch stated.

The United Nations Children’s Fund, UNICEF, Regional Director for West and Central Africa, Manuel Fontaine, said: “Let us be clear: these children are victims, not perpetrators. Deceiving children and forcing them to carry out deadly acts has been one of the most horrific aspects of the violence in Nigeria and in neighboring countries.”

READ ALSO: Buhari receives another terrible message in China

With April 14th marking 2 years since the girls were kidnapped, So many questions weighs in the balance, when would the chibok girls return?

Hundreds of teenage girls kidnapped, no answers for parents — until now #BringBackOurGirlshttps://t.co/ARKrG32SDY

— CNN (@CNN) April 13, 2016

READ ALSO: Change slogan is losing melody

No matter what answers we find, the story remains 276 Chibok girls are still nowhere to be found and hundreds unaccounted for.

.

News Source: Post-Nigeria, 9jaTales

  • 0Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment
  • Disqus Comment

Post a Comment

Be the first to comment among your friends

comments powered by Disqus