Over 2000 Residents Cut-Off From Their Homes By Life Threatening Ravine In Calabar


8 Jul 2016

Over 2000 Residents Cut-Off From Their Homes By Life Threatening Ravine In Calabar

Views

By Ogar Monday

The notorious ravine
The notorious ravine

Over 2000 residents in Etim Ekpo Crescent axis of Ikot-Uruak, Calabar Municipality Cross River State have been cut off from their homes as a deep ravine has made it impossible for them to access their homes and the landlord of the only house that allows them access has barricaded the road.

The landlord, Mr. Gideon Etim told our reporter off record that he decided to block the road as residents on the other side of the ravine have not taken the issue seriously since they all have access to their houses.

His words, “I am asking them to stop using here so as to make them stand up and do something about their plight and make them see the need to tell the government that they can’t access their homes”.

READ ALSO: I Don’t Need N2bn At This Stage Of My Life – Audu Ogbe Refutes Bribery Allegation

He said those living around that area are indifferent because they live inside and he had provided them with free access, and wondered if they will be scaling his fence, if he had built one.

A resident in the area who identified himself as Mikal also said successive governments have allowed the ravines to dig very deep and have become life threatening.

“I was here in this place, when we use to jump above this thing you are seeing now. It was just a small gutter then and no one thought it would grow to this level”.

CrossRiverWatch had earlier reported that the ravine had claimed one life and also destroyed some houses.

READ ALSO: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison

Short Link:

.

News Source: CrossriverWatch, 9jaTales

  • 0Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment
  • Disqus Comment

Post a Comment

Be the first to comment among your friends

comments powered by Disqus